|Class III Transfers|
|Saturday, 12 December 2009 20:21|
Class III transfers:
We accept transfers of NFA items from dealers and individuals. The class III transfer is a lengthy process and can take as long as 6 months from the time we have the paper work. To perform a NFA transfer the following steps are required:
1. Acquire the NFA item or be issued a serial number for the item.
2. Prepare the form 4 and certificate of compliance in duplicate (states your a US citizen) for a transfer to an individual.
3. For an individual the form 4s must be signed off by your local sheriff, have 2 sets of finger print cards, and a passport photo affixed to each form 4.
4. Mail the form 4, finger print cards, certificate of compliance and a check for $200 per item to the NFA branch.
5. When placing the item in a Trust the sheriff's sign off, certificate of compliance, and finger print cards are not required.
NFA Transfer Fees:
Suppressor Transfer - $50
Submachine Gun Transfer - $100 (value less than $20K)
Full length Machine Gun - $100 - $150 (depending on size and value less than $20K)Items valued over $20,000 require special storage and insurance and recommend using another dealer better suited to handling larger valued items.